Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Coalition of Northern Group says its state chapters will trek to Daura, the country home of President Muhammadu Buhari, in protest against the abduction of at least 600 students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State.
Bandits had stormed the school on Friday night and abducted the students after a gun duel with the police. The President had arrived in the state on Friday, hours before the abduction took place.
Under the banner of the #Bringbackourboys campaign, the CNG spokesperson, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, told The PUNCH on Monday that his members would storm the President’s residence today and remain there till the 333 missing students were rescued.
He said, “Our state chapters are also embarking on a long trek to Daura in Katsina State to demand immediate action from Buhari who is currently in Daura.
“The Kano CNG will take off from Dambatta in solidarity with the Katsina chapter to link up with the Jigawa contingent at Kazaure from where they will join the Kano team at Mashi and proceed on the great trek to Daura for the long wait in front of Buhari’s country home.”
The spokesperson also said the renewed onslaught pained the group by bandits on northerners.
“The daring kidnap of hundreds of school children in Katsina only goes to confirm the series of warnings raised by the CNG that thousands of our fellow citizens in the north have virtually been abandoned to armed criminals and a vicious insurgency,” he stated.
Since the attack, all secondary schools in the state have been shut. Residents of Kankara also protested the abduction of the students on Sunday, asking the authorities to ensure their speedy release.
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters