Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian Customs Service officers on Sunday seized a truck loaded with assault rifles in Yauri Local Government Area of Kebbi State
The agency revealed this in a statement on Monday.
The statement said that Customs officers intercepted a truck loaded with locally produced rice with some ammunitions concealed under the rice. 73 rifles and 891 rounds of ammunition were seized.
Three people in the vehicle had been arrested, and investigation is underway.
Zone B Commander Hamisu Albashir described the arrests as “a message to anyone attempting to bring arms into Zone B Nigeria”.
He also called on residents of the border area to report to the security services for security assistance.
“Customs Seized Arms and Ammunitions. Officers of Nigeria Customs Service Federal operation unit zone B, on information patrol along Yauri, Zamare water side in Kebbi State, intercepted a truck loaded with locally produced rice with some sacks concealed under the rice.
“Upon careful examination the bags were found to contain 73 locally manufactured guns and 891 cartridges.
Three (3) were immediately arrested and are being detained while preliminary investigation is ongoing.
Controller of FOU, Zone B”
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52