Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian Customs Service officers on Sunday seized a truck loaded with assault rifles in Yauri Local Government Area of Kebbi State
The agency revealed this in a statement on Monday.
The statement said that Customs officers intercepted a truck loaded with locally produced rice with some ammunitions concealed under the rice. 73 rifles and 891 rounds of ammunition were seized.
Three people in the vehicle had been arrested, and investigation is underway.
Zone B Commander Hamisu Albashir described the arrests as “a message to anyone attempting to bring arms into Zone B Nigeria”.
He also called on residents of the border area to report to the security services for security assistance.
“Customs Seized Arms and Ammunitions. Officers of Nigeria Customs Service Federal operation unit zone B, on information patrol along Yauri, Zamare water side in Kebbi State, intercepted a truck loaded with locally produced rice with some sacks concealed under the rice.
“Upon careful examination the bags were found to contain 73 locally manufactured guns and 891 cartridges.
Three (3) were immediately arrested and are being detained while preliminary investigation is ongoing.
Controller of FOU, Zone B”
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’