Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Cross River State, Sen. Ben Ayade has decried the exclusion of the militant group, Bakassi Strike Force from the federal government amnesty program.
Ayade wondered why the group that had since voluntarily surrendered their weapon on the behest of the state and federal government has been left out of the scheme.
Ayade made this known today, Thursday, December 3rd, 2020 at the launch of a special operation to weed out criminal elements from the state.
“We want to ask the federal government to explain to us why the Bakassi Strike Force has not been given proper restitution, rehabilitation and reintegration as they have done in other states.
“I plead in the name of God that the Bakassi strike force should be admitted into amnesty so that they can have their due and be properly trained so they can become citizens that will bring value to society.”, he said.
Speaking on behalf of the service commanders in the state, the State Commissioner of Police, Abdulkadir Jimoh commended Ayade for his proactive steps in crime fighting and pledged the commitment of security agencies in the state to keeping Cross River safe free from criminals.
The operation Code-named ‘Operation Akpakwu’ is made up of personnel from the Amy, Navy, Air Force and Civil Defence.
The Governor donated patrol vehicles, ten power bikes and drones to the outfit, with a charge to clear the state of criminal elements.
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose