Estimated Reading Time: 1
An EndSARS protester, Eromosele Adene has expressed his dissatisfaction with the profiling of Nigerian youths as criminals because of the hairstyles or fashion trends.
He spoke when he appeared as a guest on Arise TV on Thursday.
“The issue is profiling. People see Nigerian youths and expect to see violence, they see us with our hairs like this (points to his dreadlocks) and expect to see a fraudulent person, he said.
“I can assure you if you go through my emails, all the emails I have set up since I was born, you will see nothing fraudulent in it, you will see nothing fraudulent in my account balances, in my bank accounts, not everybody is who you think they are because of how they look.”
Eromosele was indiscriminately locked up by the police for 12 days over his participation in the EndSARS protests to demand an end to police brutality and the scrapping of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad in October.
A Magistrate Court in Yaba granted the 27-year-old bail in the sum of 1 million Naira.
Despite this human right violation, he however said that he is not angry as he had anticipated that such an event would happen.
“I don’t see any reason why I should be violent or be angry, some things are meant to happen, with what happened, you don’t expect to be fighting tyranny and think you will not be locked up, so it was meant to happen.
“But beyond all these, it’s about constructive criticism, yes, I am pissed about what happened, but the way forward, you have to be constructive about it, and when you keep criticising and criticising, it becomes a nag” he said.
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April