Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Government has revealed that it is considering reopening the land borders.
The Finance Minister, Zainab Ahmed on Wednesday said that the Presidential committee set up to look at the border closure has recommended that the government reopens it.
The Buhari administration shut down all land borders in the county in August 2019 citing that the country needed to stop the struggling of drugs, small arms and agricultural products, especially rice.
NewsWireNGR had reported that, Atedo Peterside had queried the Federal Government’s decision to open the land borders only to Dangote Cement.
Atedo Peterside, the founder of Stanbic IBTC Plc, faulted the Federal Government’s approval of Dangote Cement‘s request to trade across the borders and opined that allowing everyone to engage in legitimate trade should be a “no-brainer”.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore