Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Government has revealed that it is considering reopening the land borders.
The Finance Minister, Zainab Ahmed on Wednesday said that the Presidential committee set up to look at the border closure has recommended that the government reopens it.
The Buhari administration shut down all land borders in the county in August 2019 citing that the country needed to stop the struggling of drugs, small arms and agricultural products, especially rice.
NewsWireNGR had reported that, Atedo Peterside had queried the Federal Government’s decision to open the land borders only to Dangote Cement.
Atedo Peterside, the founder of Stanbic IBTC Plc, faulted the Federal Government’s approval of Dangote Cement‘s request to trade across the borders and opined that allowing everyone to engage in legitimate trade should be a “no-brainer”.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health