Estimated Reading Time: 1
The police in Oyo State on Saturday said they had in their custody two suspects allegedly linked with the roasting and eating of the flesh of police officers burnt in Ibadan during #EndSARS protest.
Police Spokesman at the Oyo State Command, SP Olugbenga Fadeyi, confirmed the arrests in Ibadan in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
The suspects, a 34-year-old expectant mother and a 43-year-old man have been transferred to the Force Intelligence Bureau at the Force Headquarters in Abuja for further investigation, he said.
The 34-year-old woman was alleged to have eaten some body parts of one of the police victims, an allegation which she denied as she said while it was true that she was at the scene, she was only given the body parts to keep by the second suspect, the 43-year-old man.
The 43-year-old suspect did not also deny being at the scene of the incident with other hoodlums, but said it was the woman who voluntarily took the body parts and only asked him for a towel or handkerchief to wrap them in.
The fallen policemen were deployed to contain the #EndSARS protest of Oct. 22, which was hijacked by hoodlums, when they met their deaths.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping
- ‘2.5 million people have registered to join APC in Kano’ Ganduje says
- Federal Government to establish special courts, judicial divisions on GBV – Malami
- Mercy Abang makes list of 100 most inspiring women 2021
- Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle says she contemplated suicide in an explosive television interview
- Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government extends closure of 10 schools