Connect with us

Security

Terrorists kill 3, including an activist advocating #SecureNorthMovement in Rigasa, Kaduna

Published

on

Estimated Reading Time: 2

Three people have been killed by bandits at Rigasa community in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Among the victims was a former Student’s Union Leader of Bayero University Kano, and one of the promoters of #SecureNorthMovement, Rabiu Auwal.

The spokesperson of Kaduna State Police Command, Mohammed Jalige, who confirmed the incident to Channels Television on Sunday said the victims were killed on Friday night.

The victims were returning from a journey outside Rigasa when the bandits opened fire on them.

The police spokesperson said two people died on Friday while the third person was confirmed dead on Saturday.

The police have since commenced an investigation to fish out the perpetrators of the heinous act.

In reaction to the incident, the Senator representing Kaduna Central, Uba Sani has condemned the killing, describing it as inhuman.

Senator Sani condoled with the families of the deceased and vowed that the days of the bandits and kidnappers in Kaduna State are numbered.

He assured that the State Government has redoubled its efforts to ensure the safety and security of the people of Rigasa and the entire Kaduna State.

He, however, says that overcoming the security challenges requires the support of the people in the area of intelligence gathering, noting that  Bandits and kidnappers are not ghosts, but human beings who live in the midst of the people.

NewsWireNGR had earlier reported that, after 6 days of kidnap, the nine abducted students of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria have been released. 

The students, from the Department of French, were travelling to Lagos for a programme at the Nigerian French Language Village (NFLV) in Badagry.

Julius Mutum, a brother to one of the victims, tweeted that his sister has been released.

“Some of the #ABU9 including my sister have just regained their freedom. Strictly by family efforts. Thank you @TheAbusite for lending your voice when everyone including govt and security agents didn’t care,”.

The kidnappers requested for one million per head as the ransom for each child.  However, after the families of the abducted paid these ransom, the children were released. 

Ashiru Tijjani Zango, ABU head of security, also confirmed to newsmen Sunday morning that the students have reunited with their families. 

kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL  https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Follow by Email
Instagram