Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Katsina State, Northwest Nigeria mourns the death of its member, former chairman of Sabuwa Local Government Area, Alhaji Lawal Dako.
Katsina State is the home state of Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari where residents and even the Governor continue to protest against the rise in terror activities in the state.
HumAngle reports that, Dako sustained injuries when terrorists shot at him on Friday. He later passed away at Ahmadu Bello Teaching Hospital in Zaria, Kaduna State.
Salisu Maijigiri, Katsina State Chairman of the PDP, who confirmed the incident to newsmen described the security situation in the state as worrisome.
Maijigiri also revealed that the grand-daughter of the party council chairman was shot dead by the terrorists during the attack.
NewsWireNGR had earlier reported that, the kidnapped chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nasarawa State, Phillip Shekwo, has been found dead according to the Commissioner of Police, Bola Longe.
Longe said the body of Shekwo was found not far from his house in Lafia, Nasarawa State capital, and has been evacuated to the Dalhatu Araf specialist hospital.
Shekwo was earlier kidnapped in the late hours of Saturday at his residence in Lafia.
He said Mr Shekwo was abducted from his Bukan Sidi residence around 11 p.m. on Saturday.
Kidnappings of high profiled individuals have become rampant in Lafia, the state capital and hometown of the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ASUU joins NLC strike in Kaduna in solidarity
- ‘Nigeria may experience worse hike in food prices’ – Farmers Association
- Kaduna Strike: El-Rufai accuses NLC of ‘unlawful practice’
- ‘PDP Governors’ Forum meeting is a waste of time’ – APC says
- Governor Dapo Abiodun’s aide arrested in the US for alleged identity theft and unemployment scam
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months