Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Katsina State, Northwest Nigeria mourns the death of its member, former chairman of Sabuwa Local Government Area, Alhaji Lawal Dako.
Katsina State is the home state of Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari where residents and even the Governor continue to protest against the rise in terror activities in the state.
HumAngle reports that, Dako sustained injuries when terrorists shot at him on Friday. He later passed away at Ahmadu Bello Teaching Hospital in Zaria, Kaduna State.
Salisu Maijigiri, Katsina State Chairman of the PDP, who confirmed the incident to newsmen described the security situation in the state as worrisome.
Maijigiri also revealed that the grand-daughter of the party council chairman was shot dead by the terrorists during the attack.
NewsWireNGR had earlier reported that, the kidnapped chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nasarawa State, Phillip Shekwo, has been found dead according to the Commissioner of Police, Bola Longe.
Longe said the body of Shekwo was found not far from his house in Lafia, Nasarawa State capital, and has been evacuated to the Dalhatu Araf specialist hospital.
Shekwo was earlier kidnapped in the late hours of Saturday at his residence in Lafia.
He said Mr Shekwo was abducted from his Bukan Sidi residence around 11 p.m. on Saturday.
Kidnappings of high profiled individuals have become rampant in Lafia, the state capital and hometown of the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Someone should help me, I am feeling exhausted’ reality star, Ifu Ennada cries out
- Federal Government appoints national task team on COVID-19 vaccine acquisition
- World Aids Day:Cross River State Government Marks Day With Walk, Advocates for Early Detection
- Police confirm killing of Assistant commissioner of police in Calabar
- Pope Francis condemns the killing of scores of farmers and villagers in Borno
- Actress, Regina Daniels husband, Ned Nwoko, says he can marry another wife to add to all his wives
- Boko Haram abducts Red Cross officer in Borno
- COVID-19: UK becomes first country to approve Pfizer’s vaccine
- Kayode Fayemi has said security challenges are beyond the Nigerian military
- The Judiciary leads ICPC corruption index with over N9Billion in bribes offered/received in 2 years