Estimated Reading Time: 1
Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum convoy has once again been attacked by Boko Haram terrorists on Saturday.
The attack killed seven soldiers and members of Civilian-JTF.
The convoy was attacked on their way to Baga in Kukawa Local Government Area, according to a report by Sahara Reporters.
The Governor escaped the attack because he had earlier been flown by a helicopter with some other top government officials.
“We were attacked by the gunmen who came with about six trucks and seven motorcycles. We engaged them but they have already destabilised.
“We had no option than to abort the trip and returned to Maiduguri with corpses of the deceased. About seven people died immediately but two of my colleagues (soldiers) died from gunshot injuries when we got back to Maiduguri,” a soldier attached to the governor said.
This is the third attack on the governor in three months.
Borno State has been plagued by the Boko Haram insurgency for over10 years.
Since 2009, Boko Haram activities have resulted to about 20,000 to 30,000 fatalities and over 2.3 million population displaced from their homes.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government