Estimated Reading Time: 1
Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum convoy has once again been attacked by Boko Haram terrorists on Saturday.
The attack killed seven soldiers and members of Civilian-JTF.
The convoy was attacked on their way to Baga in Kukawa Local Government Area, according to a report by Sahara Reporters.
The Governor escaped the attack because he had earlier been flown by a helicopter with some other top government officials.
“We were attacked by the gunmen who came with about six trucks and seven motorcycles. We engaged them but they have already destabilised.
“We had no option than to abort the trip and returned to Maiduguri with corpses of the deceased. About seven people died immediately but two of my colleagues (soldiers) died from gunshot injuries when we got back to Maiduguri,” a soldier attached to the governor said.
This is the third attack on the governor in three months.
Borno State has been plagued by the Boko Haram insurgency for over10 years.
Since 2009, Boko Haram activities have resulted to about 20,000 to 30,000 fatalities and over 2.3 million population displaced from their homes.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- World Aids Day:Cross River State Government Marks Day With Walk, Advocates for Early Detection
- Police confirm killing of Assistant commissioner of police in Calabar
- Pope Francis condemns the killing of scores of farmers and villagers in Borno
- Actress, Regina Daniels husband, Ned Nwoko, says he can marry another wife to add to all his wives
- Boko Haram abducts Red Cross officer in Borno
- COVID-19: UK becomes first country to approve Pfizer’s vaccine
- Kayode Fayemi has said security challenges are beyond the Nigerian military
- The Judiciary leads ICPC corruption index with over N9Billion in bribes offered/received in 2 years
- Kidnappers demand N15 million ransom to release couple abducted in Edo
- Hausa Language Movie, ‘The Milkmaid’ has been selected as Nigeria’s entry for the Oscars