Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has told filmmakers to always seek proper approval before using corps members’ uniform while shooting their movies.
Mr. Christian Oru, NYSC Assistant Director of Legal Services, said this in Lagos during a meeting between the National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) and creative industry stakeholders on enabling laws and strengthening of professional guilds and associations.
The NYSC official said that illegal use of its uniform in movies would no longer be tolerated by the management.
Oru said that before using the NYSC uniform in movies, the filmmaker must submit an application letter, stating exactly what the uniform would be used for and must acknowledge NYSC in the movie.
He said that the filmmakers would also have to submit their scripts to NYSC to enable them to observe how NYSC would be represented in the movie.
“For any filmmaker that wants any of his casts to wear the corps members’ uniform while shooting movies, we require that you write an application letter to NYSC to indicate your interest.
“We also demand that you submit your script to us for proper vetting to know how NYSC will be represented.
“We know the script is your copyright and we will do everything to ensure confidentiality,” he said.
Oru also noted that administrative handling charges had been introduced for filmmakers before the use of the uniforms.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions