Estimated Reading Time: 1
Police in Lagos have blocked the access road to Afrika Shrine to prevent a planned EndSARS meeting scheduled today.
The police officers guarding the place are restricting movement in and out of the shrine premises.
The meeting was organised by Seun Kuti, the youngest son of afrobeat legend and activist, Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
NewsWireNGR had earlier reported that the Lagos State Police Command threatened to close the Africa shrine Ikeja if the reported Tuesday’s Mass Meeting of a Movement of The People, Tagged #EndSARS Movement: Lessons and Task holds.
The Police had warned that the gathering should be suspended because any infraction that may emerge from this gathering will be tagged a deliberate action to sabotage the transition and restoration of the Peace in Lagos State by the Lagos state Government and the Nigeria Police Force.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis