Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen have abducted 12 assistant superintendent of Police who were on their way from Borno State to Zamfara State; BBC Hausa reports.
The police officers were said to be on their way to Zamfara to conduct a special operation when they were abducted by the gunmen.
The broadcaster said the incident occurred 12 days ago, but only came to light on Tuesday.
A wife of one of the abducted police officers was quoted as saying she did not hear from her husband for three days, so she went to a police barracks in Borno where she learnt that her husband had been abducted.
She also said she got a phone call from her husband who asked her to raise ransom money by selling their home.
“He called me on Wednesday and told me that he was in the hands of the kidnappers,” she said.
She said her husband told her that if she could not raise at least N1 million, “there will be trouble”.
According to the woman, a police officer later called her to request that she gets N800,000 for the release of her husband.
“I can’t tell you I have any other information. We are in a state of frustration,” she was quoted as saying.
Frank Mba, force public relations officer, is yet to comment on the incident
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- COVID-19: Kaduna schools remain shut despite FG’s directives
- Anambra is in debt because we do not have someone like Peter Obi – Ozigbo
- Reconsidering Lagos State’s approach to the COVID-19 second wave
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers