Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chargé D’Affaires of the Chinese Embassy in Nigeria, Mr. Zhao Yong, said the suspension of entry into China for Nigerians and other nationals is temporary.
Mr. Yong stated this on Saturday, when he honored an invitation by Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, to clarify how the new Chinese visa restriction affects Nigerians.
Ferdinand Nwonye, media spokesman, said the consulate explained that its action was necessitated by the current situation of COVID-19.
“The above-mentioned measures will be assessed in accordance with the evolving situation and any adjustment will be notified accordingly.
“The Ministry will continue to engage the Chinese Government on the issue and keep Nigerians informed,” the statement read in part.
NewsWireNGR recalls that China suspended entry into its country by non-Chinese nationals in Nigeria holding valid visas or residence permits, effective from November 3rd, 2020.
Entry by holders of diplomatic, service, courtesy or C visas (issued for foreign crew members) was not affected, while Foreign nationals visiting China for emergencies are to apply for the visa.
The Consulate in Nigeria also said it will no longer issue Certified Health Declaration Form to the travelers.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution
- The Economist: Nigeria’s economy is stuck in a rut
- Breaking: Buhari will on Sunday depart Abuja for France
- Turkish President phones Buhari, seeks Nigeria’s support for Palestine
- Nasarawa speaker says ‘no alternative to Governor Sule in 2023’