Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kano State Film and Censorship Board says it is set to monitor the Hausa YouTube channels in order to guard against immorality in the state.
The Executive Secretary of the board, Mr Isma’il Naabba, made this known on Thursday while speaking to journalists in Kano.
“It has become imperative to sanitise the space, as many movie makers have found escape route to showcase their immorality since they were not censored.
“In line with the aim of the board, we invited YouTube channel operators, who upload Hausa movie contents, to create better understanding.
“It is within the power of the board to regulate and censor the moral content of any literary material, be it audio, visual or text, which are targetted at people.
“We made it clear to them that everyone must henceforth bring his/her film to the board for censoring before uploading on these channels,” he said.
Naabba, who warned that the board would sanction all defaulters, urged them to always contact the board for advice and clarifications.
While soliciting for the public support, the executive secretary warned the operators to cooperate with the board to achieve its aims.
The National Film and Video Censors Board is the regulatory body set up by Act No.85 of 1993 to regulate films and video industry in Nigeria.
The Board is empowered by law to classify all films and videos whether imported or produced locally. It is also the duty of the Board to register all films and video outlets across the country and to keep a register of such registered outlets among other functions such registered outlets among other functions across the country and to keep a register of such registered outlets among other functions.
NAN reports that the Kano board was established to censor and regulate the contents of Hausa YouTube channels to ensure conformity with the laid-down rules.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo