Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kano State Hisbah Board has destroyed one million, nine hundred and seventy five thousand bottles of beer confiscated within Kano metropolis. The drinks estimated at over N200 million (about $523,000), were destroyed following a court order to destroy over 20 trucks of alcohol.
HIsbah is the religious police force responsible for the enforcement of Sharia laws in the historical northern Nigerian state.
Speaking on Sunday during the destruction exercise at Kalebawa in Dawakin Tofa Local Government, Kano Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje said that consumption of alcohol and all other intoxicants that can distort the mental capability of a person is forbidden in Islam.
“In Kano we have banned the consumption of beer in all parts of the state,” Ganduje reaffirmed.
Represented by his Deputy Dr.Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna, he said that the Hisbah Board was established with the aim of preventing evil social acts in the society.
He explained that as part of his administration’s effort of enhancing the welfare of the Hisbah, there would be a salary increase and new uniform for them before the end of the year.
“My administration is proud of the way you discharge your duties..therefore I wish to urge all stakeholders to continue to give you all the support you need to succeed,” he said.
In his remarks, the Commander General, Kano State Hisbah Board, Sheikh Harun Muhammad Ibn Sina said that the beer confiscated is worth over N200 million.
Ibn Sina while expressing the appreciation of the support given to them by the State Government, assured that the Hisbah would not relent in its fight against immoral acts,that are destroying society.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party