Estimated Reading Time: 1
Following the destruction of about 1,975 bottles of beer estimated at N200m by the Kano State Hisbah Board in Dawakin Tofa Local Government Area, Governor Abdullahi Ganduje has promised to increase the salaries of officials of the Islamic security outfit.
Speaking during the destruction exercise at Kalebawa, Ganduje said the consumption of alcohol and all other intoxicants that can distort the mental capability of a person was forbidden in Islam.
“My administration is proud of the way you discharged your duties. Therefore I wish to urge all stakeholders to continue to give you all the support you need to succeed.
“For the good job that found and destroy these beer, Kano State Government will review your salary. Kano Government will show appreciation to you by changing your uniform too,” Ganduje, represented by his deputy, Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna, said.
Earlier, in his remarks, the Commander General, Kano State Hisbah Board, Sheikh Harun Muhammad Ibn Sina, said that the beer confiscated was worth over N200m.
Hisbah is notorious for violating the rights of the people by inflicting bodily harm and even arrested residents of Kano for dressing and behaving in manners it considers unIslamic.
Despite public outrage condemning the activities of the group, Hisbah has continued to operate in Kano and other parts of Northern Nigeria.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’