Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Bello Matawalle has banned all Emirs, chiefs and local government Sole Administrators from sleeping outside their domains for 3 months, threatening to fire thise who violate his directive.
The governor gave the directive at the opening of a one day Security meeting with traditional rulers, the Council of Ulama and Heads of Security operatives in the state at the Government House Gusau.
“Henceforth, no Emir, Chief or local government Sole Administrator is allowed to pass a night outside his domain”.
“You must stay with your people at all times to address the problems of Security in your areas”. He said.
Matawalle said it was, therefore, prohibited for them to be spending their nights outside their areas unless on crucial official duty.
He maintained that the order would be observed for the next three months adding that, “anyone who violates the above orders will cost him his job’.
The Governor has also promised to deal decisively with those aiding and abetting insecurity in the state.
As for those who aid and abet insecurity in the state, I say enough is enough”.
“We shall return your wickedness and heartlessness with the wrath you will never envisage”.
He said that the state government has been very lenient due to the nature of the delicate approach to negotiations and peace efforts with bandits in the state.
According to him, “with the recent happenings in the state where scores of attacks are being carried out in some parts of the state, it is evident that the hands of bad politicians are in play as confirmed cases of deliberate misinformation were aided by some of them”.
He Maintained that his Government was doing all it could to maintain peace and order in the state, lamenting that “some people are obviously more excited when they hear of attacks by bandits”.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan