Estimated Reading Time: 1
A Nigerian-born contesting on the platform of the Democrats, Oye Owolewa, will be elected as a shadow United States Representative for the District of Columbia.
ABC 7 News made the announcement via its Twitter handle @ABC7News
The results show that Owolewa scored 164,026 votes representing 82.84 per cent of total votes cast.
Dr. Oye Owolewa, is a Washington DC licensed pharmacist who’s committed to the community. Since beginning his pharmacy career in 2014, Oye has spent his free time volunteering in DC public schools.
In 2018, he was elected commissioner of his neighborhood in SouthEast DC. He has been an advocate for DC statehood, leading to his run in the ongoing elections.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research