Estimated Reading Time: 2
Abubakar Shekau’s faction of Boko Haram, Jama’atu Ahlussunnah Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram on Tuesday released a new video showing a child soldier threatening violence, HumAngle is reporting.
The latest video by the group according to HumAngle reports is the first in which a child soldier is seen and heard talking while wielding a weapon.
In the five minutes video titled “Alwala’a Wal Bara’a” (loyalty and disavowal), the terrorist group stressed that it would continue opposing and waging war against whoever is not on its way.
“Certainly, we will never retreat. We are different from you. You either repent or we kill you,” he threatens.
According to a report which documented Boko Haram violations, the terror group had recruited no fewer than 1,385 child soldiers between 2017 and 2019.
The group uses the children mainly abducted during raids and mostly orphans as suicide bombers to attack civilian and other military locations.
On December 24, 2014, a 13-year old Zahra’u Babangida was arrested in Kano State, northwest Nigeria, trying to explode a bomb strapped in her body.
The girl was arrested after two other girls exploded their hidden bombs in a market, killing at least 10 people.
Babangida reportedly said that her parents had taken her to a Boko Haram hideout in a forest in Kano State, where according to her, she was told by the terrorist leader that she would go to heaven if she participated in the attack on the market.
The recent video also shows masked Boko Haram members in military uniform with their faces blurred attacking western and secular education.
“You train your children using Boko (secular education) and we train ours using Quran and Hadith,” one of the speakers said in Hausa language.
“There is no way we can be like you, forever. It is all about enmity and wherever we meet you it is permissible for us to spill your blood and confiscate your belongings until you believe in God,” he added.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April
- Lagos State Government restricts trucks, articulated vehicles movement to 9pm-6am daily
- Tinubu is afraid to speak on herdsmen crisis because of his presidential ambition says Afenifere Chieftain, Adebanjo
- FEC meeting: Cabinet members observe a minute silence in honour of late ministers
- COVID-19: Yabatech shuts down hostel and medical centre after college director dies
- Nigerian education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- MURIC: Yoruba’s must Unite to gain power in 2023