Estimated Reading Time: 1
Public and private properties valued at N75 billion were lost to looters in Plateau State in the aftermath of the recent #EndSARS protest.
Governor Simon Lalong disclosed this on Friday during an interactive session with Plateau youths held at the Rayfield field Government House, Jos.
Lalong said the amount was arrived at by experts after a preliminary evaluation of the level of destruction and looting done to public and private properties in the state.
The Governor said, “The level of destruction and carnage is unbelievable and unacceptable. We are still trying to carry out a comprehensive evaluation of the total cost of the damage. However, the preliminary report by a team of experts I constituted has estimated the losses to be put at about 75 billion naira for now.”
He noted that it would take the state many years to replace the structures vandalised and items damaged or stolen.
He charged the youths to always put the interest of the state at heart and learn to build and not to destroy.
Lalong said, “Since coming into power, my administration has remained committed to pursuing the economic development of the state through youth empowerment and job creation.
“You would agree with me that the enormity of the challenges we face cannot be resolved overnight or with a wave of the hand. It is a process that all of us must collectively work together to achieve.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration