Estimated Reading Time: 1
Public and private properties valued at N75 billion were lost to looters in Plateau State in the aftermath of the recent #EndSARS protest.
Governor Simon Lalong disclosed this on Friday during an interactive session with Plateau youths held at the Rayfield field Government House, Jos.
Lalong said the amount was arrived at by experts after a preliminary evaluation of the level of destruction and looting done to public and private properties in the state.
The Governor said, “The level of destruction and carnage is unbelievable and unacceptable. We are still trying to carry out a comprehensive evaluation of the total cost of the damage. However, the preliminary report by a team of experts I constituted has estimated the losses to be put at about 75 billion naira for now.”
He noted that it would take the state many years to replace the structures vandalised and items damaged or stolen.
He charged the youths to always put the interest of the state at heart and learn to build and not to destroy.
Lalong said, “Since coming into power, my administration has remained committed to pursuing the economic development of the state through youth empowerment and job creation.
“You would agree with me that the enormity of the challenges we face cannot be resolved overnight or with a wave of the hand. It is a process that all of us must collectively work together to achieve.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre