Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the October 10 election in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede has challenged the victory of Govenor Rotimi Akeredolu at the Election petition tribunal.
Joined in the petition are the Independent National Electoral Commission, the All Progressives Congress and the Deputy Governor- elect, Lucky Aiyedatiwa. Ifedayo Adedipe SAN is the lead counsel for the Governorship candidate of the PDP.
Jegede is challenging the election on four grounds which include that the election was married by irregularities and pockets of violence and intimidation.
Jegede also faulted the emergence of Akeredolu during Party’s primaries.
Meanwhile, Jegede in a terse statement signed by him said ” ln the last 19 days I have been silent, today we break that silence in obedience to the provisions of our laws.
“We commence a challenge against the declaration and return made by INEC in respect of the Ondo State Governorship election of 10th October, 2020.
Jegede said ” by this process, let our people again begin to hope for a better future to the glory of God.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration