Estimated Reading Time: 1
Four dead bodies have been discovered in Laminga dam in Plateau State, Jos.
Daily Trust Newspaper is reporting that, the corpses are residents who fell into the dam for fear of been arrested by security personnel during last week’s looting spree at the house of former Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, in Jos.
House of the former speakers was burgled on Sunday morning by residents of the area who carted away valuable items.
Jos residents last week Sunday defied the 24-hour curfew imposed on Saturday and broke into the warehouse located at the Dogon Dutse area of Jos North Local Government Area of the State.
The imposition of the curfew followed the looting of some warehouses in Jos and Bukuru where food items were carted away by residents.
The acting head of public relations, at Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH), Mrs. Omini Bridget, confirmed that four corpses who were discovered from the dam were brought to the hospital.
But sources in the Laminga area say that the dead bodies discovered so far were eight, adding that some of the corpses had been taken to other hospitals.
It is believed that the deceased drown in the dam when they were running to escape arrest by security personnel who arrived at Yakubu Dogara’s residence during the looting.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration