Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Government has approved the re-opening of schools for all classes in public and private schools across the State beginning from Monday, 2nd of November, 2020.
The state also stated that boarders in public schools are to resume on Sunday, 1st of the same month.
This was contained in a statement by the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo on Thursday and made available to journalists by the Head, Public Affairs, Ministry of Education, Mr Kayode Abayomi.
According to Mrs Adefisayo, 2020 has been an unprecedented year with the recent happenings that have regrettably led to frequent closure of schools with attendant learning disruptions faced by all children.
“We pray and hope that there will be no more disruptions in the academic calendar. However, the State Government will always regard the safety of pupils/students, parents and all staff as a matter of priority.” She stressed.
“We recommend that when schools resume on Monday, teaching and learning should continue unhindered till the end of the term.” She said.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Someone should help me, I am feeling exhausted’ reality star, Ifu Ennada cries out
- Federal Government appoints national task team on COVID-19 vaccine acquisition
- World Aids Day:Cross River State Government Marks Day With Walk, Advocates for Early Detection
- Police confirm killing of Assistant commissioner of police in Calabar
- Pope Francis condemns the killing of scores of farmers and villagers in Borno
- Actress, Regina Daniels husband, Ned Nwoko, says he can marry another wife to add to all his wives
- Boko Haram abducts Red Cross officer in Borno
- COVID-19: UK becomes first country to approve Pfizer’s vaccine
- Kayode Fayemi has said security challenges are beyond the Nigerian military
- The Judiciary leads ICPC corruption index with over N9Billion in bribes offered/received in 2 years