Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Government has approved the re-opening of schools for all classes in public and private schools across the State beginning from Monday, 2nd of November, 2020.
The state also stated that boarders in public schools are to resume on Sunday, 1st of the same month.
This was contained in a statement by the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo on Thursday and made available to journalists by the Head, Public Affairs, Ministry of Education, Mr Kayode Abayomi.
According to Mrs Adefisayo, 2020 has been an unprecedented year with the recent happenings that have regrettably led to frequent closure of schools with attendant learning disruptions faced by all children.
“We pray and hope that there will be no more disruptions in the academic calendar. However, the State Government will always regard the safety of pupils/students, parents and all staff as a matter of priority.” She stressed.
“We recommend that when schools resume on Monday, teaching and learning should continue unhindered till the end of the term.” She said.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report