Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Government has approved the re-opening of schools for all classes in public and private schools across the State beginning from Monday, 2nd of November, 2020.
The state also stated that boarders in public schools are to resume on Sunday, 1st of the same month.
This was contained in a statement by the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo on Thursday and made available to journalists by the Head, Public Affairs, Ministry of Education, Mr Kayode Abayomi.
According to Mrs Adefisayo, 2020 has been an unprecedented year with the recent happenings that have regrettably led to frequent closure of schools with attendant learning disruptions faced by all children.
“We pray and hope that there will be no more disruptions in the academic calendar. However, the State Government will always regard the safety of pupils/students, parents and all staff as a matter of priority.” She stressed.
“We recommend that when schools resume on Monday, teaching and learning should continue unhindered till the end of the term.” She said.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose