Estimated Reading Time: 1
One of President Buhari’s daughters, Zahra Buhari-Indimi, says the discovery of COVID-19 palliatives in several warehouses across the country is proof that her father, President Muhammadu Buhari is not Nigeria’s problem.
Zahra posted this on her Instagram story on Sunday.
She wrote, “Now that people confirmed that Buhari distributed enough palliatives nationwide, it is clear Buhari is not our problem.”
In the aftermath of the #EndSARS protests, Nigerians in great numbers have in the last few days have invaded and stripped warehouses in several states including Lagos, Plateau, Osun, and Kwara, carting away food items believed to have been hoarded since the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some of the warehouses plundered contained food items stored by The Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID); a private sector funded organisation that partnered with the federal government to distribute palliatives to citizens affected by the COVID-19 lockdown.
In Osun State, the government said it was waiting for officials from Abuja to come “commission” the goods hence the delay in distributing them.
Meanwhile, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project has asked the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission to look into the alleged hoarding of COVID-19 palliatives in warehouses in several states.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration