Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kaduna State government on Sunday warned against consuming expired drugs and prohibited foods looted on Saturday by hoodlums in Narayi, Barnawa and Kakuri – Kaduna South.
In a statement issued on Sunday, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs Mr, Samuel Aruwan said, the National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has updated the State Government about the items looted yesterday from their warehouse in the Narayi area of Chikun LGA.
“The looted items include expired, prohibited and dangerous drugs.
“Persons who consume such drugs are at great risk of serious illness and death.
According to him, “The management of a food processing company whose stores were looted in Kakuri has also disclosed that the stolen grains have been treated with chemical preservatives which render them unsafe for consumption.
“Residents of Kaduna State are hereby notified to be vigilant and careful about the source of food and medications they take and where they buy them, to avoid these dangers.
“The Kaduna State Government appeals to the public for information on the identities of the looters and where they might be hiding the stolen items,” the statement added.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas