Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kaduna State government on Sunday warned against consuming expired drugs and prohibited foods looted on Saturday by hoodlums in Narayi, Barnawa and Kakuri – Kaduna South.
In a statement issued on Sunday, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs Mr, Samuel Aruwan said, the National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has updated the State Government about the items looted yesterday from their warehouse in the Narayi area of Chikun LGA.
“The looted items include expired, prohibited and dangerous drugs.
“Persons who consume such drugs are at great risk of serious illness and death.
According to him, “The management of a food processing company whose stores were looted in Kakuri has also disclosed that the stolen grains have been treated with chemical preservatives which render them unsafe for consumption.
“Residents of Kaduna State are hereby notified to be vigilant and careful about the source of food and medications they take and where they buy them, to avoid these dangers.
“The Kaduna State Government appeals to the public for information on the identities of the looters and where they might be hiding the stolen items,” the statement added.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration