Estimated Reading Time: 1
Pope Francis on Sunday called for urgent prayer for Nigeria to avert every form of violence.
Nigeria has been engulfed by lots of violence, looting, destruction of properties and killing innocent people in the aftermath of #EndSARS protest.
But Pope Francis in tweets on Sunday said what was not expressed in love of neigbhour was not true love of God.
He added that what was not drawn from one’s relationship with God was not true love of neighbour.
He said there should be constant search of social harmony through the promotion of justice and the common good of others in Nigeria.
In his words: “What is not expressed in love of neighbour is not true love of God; and, likewise, what is not drawn from one’s relationship with God is not true love of neighbour.
“Let us pray to the Lord for Nigeria, so that every form of violence might always be avoided, in the constant search of social harmony through the promotion of justice and the common good.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety