Estimated Reading Time: 1
Pope Francis on Sunday called for urgent prayer for Nigeria to avert every form of violence.
Nigeria has been engulfed by lots of violence, looting, destruction of properties and killing innocent people in the aftermath of #EndSARS protest.
But Pope Francis in tweets on Sunday said what was not expressed in love of neigbhour was not true love of God.
He added that what was not drawn from one’s relationship with God was not true love of neighbour.
He said there should be constant search of social harmony through the promotion of justice and the common good of others in Nigeria.
In his words: “What is not expressed in love of neighbour is not true love of God; and, likewise, what is not drawn from one’s relationship with God is not true love of neighbour.
“Let us pray to the Lord for Nigeria, so that every form of violence might always be avoided, in the constant search of social harmony through the promotion of justice and the common good.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration