Estimated Reading Time: 1
He also charged security agencies to take legitimate actions to halt the spate of arson and carnage witnessed in some parts of Calabar.
NewsWireNGR reported the looting and destruction of properties across Calabar Saturday, some houses owned by prominent “Crosivarians” set ablaze by the hoodlums.
The governor gave the police the tasks in a release issued on Sunday in Calabar by, Mr Christian Ita, Special Adviser, Media and Publicity.
According to Ita, Ayade asked the police to arrest anyone involved in the looting of both public and private property in the state.
The governor who said he understood the pain of the people, noted that there was need to protect the collective commonwealth of the people.
He said the commonwealth was threatened by some persons who are desperately trying to discredit the peaceful disposition of the citizens of Cross River.
Ayade urged the security agencies to take legitimate actions to ensure that calm returned to the state, especially as the government was already working towards ensuring the demands of those who genuinely participated in the #EndSARS march are met.
The governor also called on the citizens to rise up and defend their land from criminal elements bent on destroying the image of the state.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- World Aids Day:Cross River State Government Marks Day With Walk, Advocates for Early Detection
- Police confirm killing of Assistant commissioner of police in Calabar
- Pope Francis condemns the killing of scores of farmers and villagers in Borno
- Actress, Regina Daniels husband, Ned Nwoko, says he can marry another wife to add to all his wives
- Boko Haram abducts Red Cross officer in Borno
- COVID-19: UK becomes first country to approve Pfizer’s vaccine
- Kayode Fayemi has said security challenges are beyond the Nigerian military
- The Judiciary leads ICPC corruption index with over N9Billion in bribes offered/received in 2 years
- Kidnappers demand N15 million ransom to release couple abducted in Edo
- Hausa Language Movie, ‘The Milkmaid’ has been selected as Nigeria’s entry for the Oscars