Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Abia State Government has relaxed the curfew imposed on some cities after hoodlums hijacked the #EndSARS protest in the state.
According to a statement issued on Saturday by the Commissioner for Information, John Kalu, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu directed that the curfew in the state be relaxed to now take effect from 8 am to 5 pm from Sunday.
While asking residents of the state to go about their normal businesses within the relaxation window, the governor warned that they should return back home during the new curfew time.
“We wish to inform members of the public that the planned relaxation of curfew in the state will now be from 8 am-5 pm starting from Sunday, 25th October 2020,” the statement partly read.
“Members of the public are free to move and go about their normal businesses within the relaxation window but ensure they are back home during the new curfew time of 5 pm to 8 am daily.”
However, workers on essential duties including medical and paramedical personnel, journalists, men of fire service etc are exempted from the curfew.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving
- Cheta Nwanze: What NDIC really needs to succeed
- ‘Gowon is a man of honour ‘ Akinwunmi Adesina insists
- Fact Check: How true is Lai Mohammed’s claim that blank ammunition can not kill anyone?
- Imo State Government uncovers 300 ‘ghost workers’
- “I served Nigeria diligently ” Gowon reacts to UK MP’s theft accusations
- ‘Buhari will set Nigeria on fire if he does not come through on restructuring’ – Governor Wike