Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Abia State Government has relaxed the curfew imposed on some cities after hoodlums hijacked the #EndSARS protest in the state.
According to a statement issued on Saturday by the Commissioner for Information, John Kalu, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu directed that the curfew in the state be relaxed to now take effect from 8 am to 5 pm from Sunday.
While asking residents of the state to go about their normal businesses within the relaxation window, the governor warned that they should return back home during the new curfew time.
“We wish to inform members of the public that the planned relaxation of curfew in the state will now be from 8 am-5 pm starting from Sunday, 25th October 2020,” the statement partly read.
“Members of the public are free to move and go about their normal businesses within the relaxation window but ensure they are back home during the new curfew time of 5 pm to 8 am daily.”
However, workers on essential duties including medical and paramedical personnel, journalists, men of fire service etc are exempted from the curfew.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government