Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos state government has released the list of police officers undergoing trial for alleged human rights violations.
In a series of tweets on Friday, the government listed the names of 20 police officers involved in cases ranging from alleged manslaughter to murder and invited citizens to keep track of the prosecutions “in the overall public interest”.
Included in the list is Ogunyemi Olalekan, a police inspector involved in the killing of Kolade Johnson. He was dismissed from the force after he was found guilty in an orderly room trial.
NewsWireNGR had reported that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has set up a judicial panel of inquiry and restitution to investigate cases of human rights abuses by police officers. The panel has already commenced sitting.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help