Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos state government has released the list of police officers undergoing trial for alleged human rights violations.
In a series of tweets on Friday, the government listed the names of 20 police officers involved in cases ranging from alleged manslaughter to murder and invited citizens to keep track of the prosecutions “in the overall public interest”.
Included in the list is Ogunyemi Olalekan, a police inspector involved in the killing of Kolade Johnson. He was dismissed from the force after he was found guilty in an orderly room trial.
NewsWireNGR had reported that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has set up a judicial panel of inquiry and restitution to investigate cases of human rights abuses by police officers. The panel has already commenced sitting.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami