Estimated Reading Time: 2
A former Assistant Director with the Department of State Services, Dennis Amachree, has remarked on the viral video showing men in suits conveying armed thugs in a black Sports Utility Vehicle to attack protesters.
Speaking on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily, Amarachee said that the men in suits were not DSS officials but aides to a senator.
“I don’t want to follow the style of the army where they said people can buy uniforms and wear them and come out. If you wear a dark suit and tie and drive a black SUV, many people would say that is the DSS but I actually inquired about that.
“I called the headquarters to find out. Those people were working for a particular senator. And if that is the case, I think they should (arrest them). If anybody tries to impersonate security personnel, he should be arrested immediately.
“Don’t allow it to happen and then you go ahead and then do inquiries or panels or whatever. I know a lot of people impersonating SSS, taking letters to different places have been arrested and they have been dealt with immediately. Those people you are referring to were not SSS officials.” he said.
According to him, just as the DSS had been able to identify and arrest impersonators, the Nigerian Army should to do the same rather than claim that those who opened fire on protesters at the Lekki toll plaza may have been impersonators.
In a video that has gone viral on social media, some thugs are seen jumping into a black Prado driven by a man in a suit on Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse 2.
The vehicle is seen reversing unto Hospital Avenue and then the doors are flung open while thugs wielding stones and sticks run riot.
Another vehicle, which is a black Range Rover, soon joins the thugs while four buses filled with thugs park on the roadside as more thugs alight from the buses.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Thugs who attacked #EndSARS protesters were driven by a senator's aide - Ex-DSS Director and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- Former Governor, Donald Duke says insurgents get their weapons from security operatives
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor