Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Security Adviser, Major General Babagana Monguno (retd.), on Thursday said the President Muhammadu Buhari, would come up with solutions to the current violence erupting in parts of the country “in the next couple of hours.”
Although he did not disclose the nature of the solutions, he said they would be agreeable to all parties concerned.
Monguno disclosed this in an interview with State House correspondents at the end of a meeting of the National Security Council presided over by the President.
He said, “The President himself, I have just left his office, is also going to deal with these issues in a specific manner apart from what has just taken place in council.
“I believe in the next couple of hours, Mr President will come up with certain solutions that will be agreeable to the entire federation.”
He said, It is not President Muhammadu Buhari’s desire to see any unwanted loss of lives & he is determined to ensure that things do not cascade into unpleasant situation, he has directed security agencies to operate within the confines of legitimacy, not to do anything that will aggravate the situation.
The NSA also did not disclose whether the President will announce the solutions through a national broadcast.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety