Estimated Reading Time: 1
Suspected hoodlums have set a police station ablaze in Orile area of Lagos State on Tuesday.
Hoodlums set the Orile Police Station on fire after a Policeman reportedly shot a young boy.
The spokesperson of the Orile-Iganmu Local Government Area, Ayo Micheal said, “Yes, the station has been attacked.
“The burnt Station is in Apapa Iganmu but serviced both Iganmu community in Apapa Iganmu and Orile Community in Coker/Aguda.”
Thousands of Nigerians continue to march in major cities and across the world to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
The government announced the unit has been disbanded, but many Nigerians are skeptical, as officials have promised an end to the unit and its alleged abuses before.
More details to follow.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Sheikh Gumi, others should exercise restraint’ Nigerian Army cautions
- COVID-19 Testing: Nigerian Government threatens to ban flights from UAE, Netherlands
- COVID-19: Ogun State receives 50,000 vaccine doses
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping