Estimated Reading Time: 1
Suspected hoodlums have set a police station ablaze in Orile area of Lagos State on Tuesday.
Hoodlums set the Orile Police Station on fire after a Policeman reportedly shot a young boy.
The spokesperson of the Orile-Iganmu Local Government Area, Ayo Micheal said, “Yes, the station has been attacked.
“The burnt Station is in Apapa Iganmu but serviced both Iganmu community in Apapa Iganmu and Orile Community in Coker/Aguda.”
Thousands of Nigerians continue to march in major cities and across the world to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
The government announced the unit has been disbanded, but many Nigerians are skeptical, as officials have promised an end to the unit and its alleged abuses before.
More details to follow.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving
- Cheta Nwanze: What NDIC really needs to succeed
- ‘Gowon is a man of honour ‘ Akinwunmi Adesina insists
- Fact Check: How true is Lai Mohammed’s claim that blank ammunition can not kill anyone?
- Imo State Government uncovers 300 ‘ghost workers’
- “I served Nigeria diligently ” Gowon reacts to UK MP’s theft accusations
- ‘Buhari will set Nigeria on fire if he does not come through on restructuring’ – Governor Wike
- Algeria, Kenya, Libya and others affected as UAE stop new visas to citizens of 13 mostly Muslim countries