Estimated Reading Time: 1
A Petrol Tanker explosion in Lapai Local Government Area of Niger State, has claimed people’s lives and property.
The cause of the explosion could not be ascertained as the remains of the affected persons were still at the scene of the explosion.
But an eye witness account along the Bida-Lapai road tells the African Independent Television news that some of the petrol tankers and trailers, complained of spending several days in their vehicles without movement due to bad road.
The tankers were said to be carrying Premium Motor Spirit, while the trailers were on the way to various destinations across the country.
Meanwhile, Minna the Niger State capital is also witnessing the third day of protest by various youth groups.
The youths converged on Mobil Roundabout early in the morning. Like the other protests last week, it has been generally peaceful.
The organizers say, personnel of security agencies are ensuring that the protests are not being hijacked by hoodlums.
Insecurity, bad road networks, poor power supply are among the pressing issues the protesters want the state and Federal Governments to address.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice