Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian Soldiers and police operatives have taken over the AYA junction, the Central Bank of Nigeria headquarters and other locations the #EndSARS protesters had marked for their protests.
The military officers were seen at the Aya roundabout, Asokoro, early on Monday with a barricade, while the CBN was being protected by police officers backed with an Armoured Personnel Carrier and water cannons.
The protesters had on Sunday occupied the CBN headquarters while defying a downpour.
Meanwhile, hundreds of #EndSARS protesters, on Monday, blocked the Kuje road leading to the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Expressway.
The protesters also blocked the Airport Road, Abuja, preventing motorists and commuters from plying the road.
The shutdown has stranded many workers and others going out for their businesses.
Thousands of Nigerians within and outside Nigeria continue to march across cities to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving
- Cheta Nwanze: What NDIC really needs to succeed
- ‘Gowon is a man of honour ‘ Akinwunmi Adesina insists
- Fact Check: How true is Lai Mohammed’s claim that blank ammunition can not kill anyone?
- Imo State Government uncovers 300 ‘ghost workers’
- “I served Nigeria diligently ” Gowon reacts to UK MP’s theft accusations
- ‘Buhari will set Nigeria on fire if he does not come through on restructuring’ – Governor Wike