Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian Soldiers and police operatives have taken over the AYA junction, the Central Bank of Nigeria headquarters and other locations the #EndSARS protesters had marked for their protests.
The military officers were seen at the Aya roundabout, Asokoro, early on Monday with a barricade, while the CBN was being protected by police officers backed with an Armoured Personnel Carrier and water cannons.
The protesters had on Sunday occupied the CBN headquarters while defying a downpour.
Meanwhile, hundreds of #EndSARS protesters, on Monday, blocked the Kuje road leading to the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Expressway.
The protesters also blocked the Airport Road, Abuja, preventing motorists and commuters from plying the road.
The shutdown has stranded many workers and others going out for their businesses.
Thousands of Nigerians within and outside Nigeria continue to march across cities to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government