Estimated Reading Time: 1
The General Overseer of Winners Chapel International, Bishop David Oyedepo, has spoken in support of the ongoing #EndSARS protests in the country against the activities of the now disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
For the past 10 days, Nigerians have taken to the streets in major state capitals protesting against the police unit SARS; known for its human rights abuses and extra-judicial killings.
Mr Oyedepo, during a sermon video on Sunday morning, stated that the Nigerian youth have the right to express their displeasure on the current state of affairs in the country.
He said he had been silent on the issue so far because he warned Nigerians in 2015.
“I kept quiet for a while because in 2015 I warned this nation, vehemently, consistently, because I saw the dangers ahead and you can tell. The most gruesome season in the history of the nation is the last 5 years where lives have no value, wanton killings here and there.”
“Now they have faced the youth and because they don’t know who is next, they have the right to say ‘enough is enough’. Any system that has no value for human lives is irrelevant. If they were killed when they were youths, would they be where they are today?”.
“It would be a sacrilege to shoot the protesters who are not looting, who are not ravaging”. He said
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government