Estimated Reading Time: 1
The General Overseer of Winners Chapel International, Bishop David Oyedepo, has spoken in support of the ongoing #EndSARS protests in the country against the activities of the now disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
For the past 10 days, Nigerians have taken to the streets in major state capitals protesting against the police unit SARS; known for its human rights abuses and extra-judicial killings.
Mr Oyedepo, during a sermon video on Sunday morning, stated that the Nigerian youth have the right to express their displeasure on the current state of affairs in the country.
He said he had been silent on the issue so far because he warned Nigerians in 2015.
“I kept quiet for a while because in 2015 I warned this nation, vehemently, consistently, because I saw the dangers ahead and you can tell. The most gruesome season in the history of the nation is the last 5 years where lives have no value, wanton killings here and there.”
“Now they have faced the youth and because they don’t know who is next, they have the right to say ‘enough is enough’. Any system that has no value for human lives is irrelevant. If they were killed when they were youths, would they be where they are today?”.
“It would be a sacrilege to shoot the protesters who are not looting, who are not ravaging”. He said
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars
- LCC says the closed-circuit television system from the Lekki toll gate is intact #EndSARS
- “Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki toll gate” – Governor Sanwo-Olu denies again #EndSars
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria