Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Minister of Finance and Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has commended Nigerian youths protesting against police brutality, extrajudicial killings and extortion
In a statement published on her Twitter page on Sunday, she commended the youths for being courageous, and advised them to be united.
“I applaud the resourcefulness and courage of Nigerian youth in the #EndSARS. Powerful to let your voices be heard peacefully. Let’s join hands for a positive outcome through a One Nigeria approach,” she tweeted.
Thousands of Nigerian youths have been on the streets protesting in Lagos, Abuja and other cities to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
The protests have continued as the #EndSARS campaigners demanded the prosecution of all officers named in cases of rights abuses.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars
- LCC says the closed-circuit television system from the Lekki toll gate is intact #EndSARS
- “Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki toll gate” – Governor Sanwo-Olu denies again #EndSars
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria