Estimated Reading Time: 1
Youths calling for a total overhaul of the Nigeria Police Force have launched an online radio, Soro Soke.
The channel, through effective and timely communication, is expected to aid the coordination of #EndSARS protests nationwide transmitting from this link, https://s4.radio.co/s99d55c85b/listen.
Songs calling for a reformed Nigeria were also heard on the station and more songs from the Legendary Fela Kuti calling for the people rise up as at the time NewsWireNGR listened .
Soro Soke, a Yoruba sentence which translates as ‘Speak Up,’ had last week become a mantra of the #EndSARS campaign after protesters in Lagos State urged Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to ‘soro soke’ whilst addressing the youths.
Soro Soke is also a metaphor for all Nigerians to speak up against bad governance and resist corrupt leaders.
Meanwhile, protests against police brutality, extortion, and extrajudicial killings have spread to London, Coventry, Edinburgh, and Nottingham.
The organisers of the protests made this known in an awareness image shared on social media.
The message on the image showed that the protests will be organised at several locations on Sunday.
In Coventry, #EndSARS “peaceful protest” held at Coventry Transport Museum CV11JD at 2.30pm.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars
- LCC says the closed-circuit television system from the Lekki toll gate is intact #EndSARS
- “Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki toll gate” – Governor Sanwo-Olu denies again #EndSars
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria