Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anonymous, an online network known for launching cyberattacks against government institutions, has hacked the website of First Bank of Nigeria Limited.
The #EndSARS protests have been taking place across major cities in the country with youths demanding an end to police brutality and killings, and Anonymous group attacks against government websites is in support of protesters.
Anonymous Saturday, confirmed bringing down the bank’s website while alleging that the bank deducted money from the accounts of customers who are in support of the #EndSARS campaign.
Anonymous also accused the bank of instructing its staff not to join the #EndSARS campaign.
It stated, “Now #ENDSARSOPPRESSION Official website of First Banks Nigeria has been taken #Offline. You remove money from users because they support #EndSARS.
“We #Anonymous have taken-down your website in support of #EndSARS
“You will pay for your actions. you should have expected us!
“Enjoy your server taken down. no money is gone.”
Anonymous, however, said it would restore the website after it “keep it down for some time”.
In a reaction to the allegations, First Bank tweeted, “We wish to state very clearly that First Bank has not banned any staff from joining the protests and will never do so.
“We have continued to lend our voice to end all forms of brutality including Police, Rape and domestic violence.
“Our position remains that deep-rooted Reforms are a fundamental solution we must embrace.”
Anonymous had hacked the websites of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the Independent National Electoral Commission and the Central bank of Nigeria but restored them.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars
- LCC says the closed-circuit television system from the Lekki toll gate is intact #EndSARS
- “Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki toll gate” – Governor Sanwo-Olu denies again #EndSars
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings