Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anonymous, an online network known for launching cyberattacks against government institutions, has hacked the website of Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari.
The attacks on Nigerian Government websites according to the group is in support for #EndSARS protests that have been taking place across major cities in the country with youths demanding an end to police brutality and killings.
Anonymous Saturday, confirmed bringing down the personal website of the President, this is shortly after taking down First Bank of Nigeria’s website while alleging that the bank deducted money from the accounts of customers who are in support of the #EndSARS campaign.
Anonymous accused the bank of instructing its staff not to join the #EndSARS campaign.
As at the time NewsWireNGR visited the President’s Personal website, this is the ddos message on the front page, showing the website has been taken down..
The group, using Litmods official twitter handle announced the take down of President Muhammadu Buhari’s website on twitter.
Thousands of Nigerians continue to march across major cities to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
In an address on Monday, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari said SARS officers responsible for wrongful acts would be brought to justice. He said disbanding the unit was the first step to extensive police reforms to ensure the primary duty of police would be to protect lives and the livelihoods of people.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021