Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anonymous, an online network known for launching cyberattacks against government institutions, has hacked the website of Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari.
The attacks on Nigerian Government websites according to the group is in support for #EndSARS protests that have been taking place across major cities in the country with youths demanding an end to police brutality and killings.
Anonymous Saturday, confirmed bringing down the personal website of the President, this is shortly after taking down First Bank of Nigeria’s website while alleging that the bank deducted money from the accounts of customers who are in support of the #EndSARS campaign.
Anonymous accused the bank of instructing its staff not to join the #EndSARS campaign.
As at the time NewsWireNGR visited the President’s Personal website, this is the ddos message on the front page, showing the website has been taken down..
The group, using Litmods official twitter handle announced the take down of President Muhammadu Buhari’s website on twitter.
Thousands of Nigerians continue to march across major cities to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
In an address on Monday, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari said SARS officers responsible for wrongful acts would be brought to justice. He said disbanding the unit was the first step to extensive police reforms to ensure the primary duty of police would be to protect lives and the livelihoods of people.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars
- LCC says the closed-circuit television system from the Lekki toll gate is intact #EndSARS
- “Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki toll gate” – Governor Sanwo-Olu denies again #EndSars
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria