Estimated Reading Time: 1
Protesters on Friday stormed the Magboro area of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway to continue their demonstration against the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad, a unit of the Nigeria Police Force.
The protesters were seen carrying placards with different inscriptions as they blocked the expressway, causing gridlock.
Punch Newspaper reports that a protester who identified himself as Amaechi, said, “We are all here on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway because there is a nationwide protest for the soul of our country.
“#EndSARS, #Endpolicebrutality, end bad governance and wickedness to the Nigerian youths. It is time for the youths to take over.”
Meanwhile, the Lagos State Police Command has said that two persons died in a road accident that occurred during an #EndSARS protest in the state.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, made this known in a statement on Friday.
He said one of the #EndSARS protesters, identified as Nike, has been arrested for driving recklessly and alleged killing of two Nigerians at Ikola Road, Alagbado.
The PPRO noted that the bodies of the victims have been deposited at the morgue.
Adejobi said, “Mrs Nike Lawal, was the driver of Toyota 4Runner SUV with REG. NO. GGE 346 BK that ran into a tricycle and killed the duo of Ojo Azeez, m, 27 years and Yusuf Sodia, m, 26 years, both of Command Road, Alagbado, Lagos State.
“Ojo and Sodia both in the tricycle died on the spot.
“The suspect, who intentionally removed the number plates on her SUV, shortly after the accident, joined the protest at AIT junction, Alagbado, and started driving recklessly before the fatal accident.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore