Estimated Reading Time: 2
A mobile police officer shot a yet-to-be identified womanin the mouth at Salvation bus-stop, Opebi area on Thursday.
The shooting is coming on the heels of several protests in Lagos against the brutality of Police and the operations of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in the state.
As seen in a video that went viral on twitter, the bullet went through the young woman’s mouth, tearing her cheeks.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital by passersby and the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA).
In reaction Friday, police spokesperson, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said the police were gathering information that will aid proper investigation.
Mr Adejobi said the policeman has been identified, but he was not in the Lagos command, although he works in Lagos State.
“He is a boyfriend to the lady victim. We will get him and update you. We guess they have a conflict that triggered the shooting.
“Policemen have been sent to the hospital to visit the lady and get some facts when she is stable,” he said.
Her older brother, Ndubueze Nelly James, confirmed that Joy was shot in the mouth by her boyfriend who is a policeman, an incident he tagged regrettable.
Following the tragic incident, Isioma was rushed to an undisclosed hospital, after she was shot at Salvation Bus Stop, Ikeja, Lagos State, by her boyfriend identified as officer Eze Nwansoba, with batch number: 458468.
Recounting, James said the couple has been together for almost two years and was planning to get married in December 2020. But things went sour after Joy broke up with Eze last week following an allegation on domestic abuse.
In his words, “She has been seeing signs of domestic abuse and lies. They were living together and were having a lot of issues.
“After reaching out reached out to relatives and even their pastor for counselling and nothing seems to change, she decided to pack out and broke up with him.
“But it looks like Eze had made up his mind that it’s either him or death. He decided to end things in his own way by taking advantage of his career/uniform and the resources at his disposal.
Currently, Eze is on the run, he is nowhere to be found. We are appealing to everyone to help us find this perpetrator so that the law can take its course. We seek justice for our sister,” he said.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north