Estimated Reading Time: 1
Justice Olusegun Odusola of the Ondo state High Court in Akure has sentenced the Founder of Sotitobire Praising Chapel, Prophet Babatunde Alfa and 5 others to life imprisonment over the disappearance of one year old Gold Kolawole in the church last year.
Justice Odusola convicted the defendants having found them guilty of the two count charge of kidnapping and aiding and abetting to kidnap based on the circumstancial evidence presented by the prosecution.
He also condemned in strong terms the complicity, compromise, and lackadaisical attitude of the Ondo state police command after Gold got missing which also led the burning of Sotitobire Church.
The pastor was first remanded on December 23, 2019, by the court along with some members of his church.
He was prosecuted by the State Security Services for complicity in the abduction of the child, Gold Kolawole, who went missing since he was taken away from the Sotitobire church by unknown persons in November last year.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle