Estimated Reading Time: 1
Fatima, daughter of former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) chairman, Nubu Ribadu, has begged those offended by her wedding dress for forgiveness.
She got married to Aliyu, son of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar at the weekend in Abuja.
Her dress generated reactions across social media especially among Muslims .
In a statement issued on Tuesday, she however said the colour of the dress was the same as her skin, which she said might have made people think she exposed her body.
She said: “I cannot expose my skin. My wedding dress has the same colour with that of my skin, but I still apologize to my friends and family who don’t like what happened and I hope to learn from this.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis