Estimated Reading Time: 1
Fatima, daughter of former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) chairman, Nubu Ribadu, has begged those offended by her wedding dress for forgiveness.
She got married to Aliyu, son of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar at the weekend in Abuja.
Her dress generated reactions across social media especially among Muslims .
In a statement issued on Tuesday, she however said the colour of the dress was the same as her skin, which she said might have made people think she exposed her body.
She said: “I cannot expose my skin. My wedding dress has the same colour with that of my skin, but I still apologize to my friends and family who don’t like what happened and I hope to learn from this.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties
- Breaking: Lets us pray for Nigeria – Pope Francis begs christians
- Niger Delta militants threaten mayhem; roll out 11-point demand
- Food looted from Kaduna warehouses are poisonous; The state government warns
- Looted Palliatives: It is now clear that Buhari is not Nigeria’s problem; says Zahra Buhari-Indimi
- Citizens are targeting their perceived oppressors – Donald Duke
- Soldiers forced medical doctor to swim inside muddy water at gunpoint