Estimated Reading Time: 1
Borno State governor, Babagana Zulum has survived another ambush when his convoy was attacked by suspected members of the Islamic State in West Africa Province, ISWAP, insurgents along the Monguno/Baga axis, in the northern part of the state.
Sources told AFP that eight policemen, three soldiers, were killed in the attack on vehicles carrying the Governor and other officials near the town of Baga on the shores of Lake Chad.
The governor’s spokesperson, Isa Gusau, confirmed the development to AIT news, saying he was working on a press statement on the incident
Zulum was on an assessment tour of Baga in preparation for the return of thousands of residents displaced from the town
When contacted, one of the officials who sought anonymity, said the attack happened some kilometers away from the Multinational Joint Task Force Headquarters in Baga.
Another source confirmed that the injured have been evacuated to the Monguno General Hospital.
Recall that Governor Zulum was attacked on the outskirts of Baga town sometime in July by suspected insurgents.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says Lagos needs N1 Trillion to reconstruct properties damaged
- 5 days after it happened, Presidency finally addresses Lekki shootings
- Lagos Attacks: Akeredolu says ‘there is an agenda beyond #EndSARS’
- Curfew in Lagos now from 8pm to 6am says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Oyo State Government to reopen schools on Monday 26th October
- IPOB says it will resume peaceful protests on Monday
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties