Estimated Reading Time: 1
Borno State governor, Babagana Zulum has survived another ambush when his convoy was attacked by suspected members of the Islamic State in West Africa Province, ISWAP, insurgents along the Monguno/Baga axis, in the northern part of the state.
Sources told AFP that eight policemen, three soldiers, were killed in the attack on vehicles carrying the Governor and other officials near the town of Baga on the shores of Lake Chad.
The governor’s spokesperson, Isa Gusau, confirmed the development to AIT news, saying he was working on a press statement on the incident
Zulum was on an assessment tour of Baga in preparation for the return of thousands of residents displaced from the town
When contacted, one of the officials who sought anonymity, said the attack happened some kilometers away from the Multinational Joint Task Force Headquarters in Baga.
Another source confirmed that the injured have been evacuated to the Monguno General Hospital.
Recall that Governor Zulum was attacked on the outskirts of Baga town sometime in July by suspected insurgents.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’