Estimated Reading Time: 1
Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan, Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (HOCSF) has advised civil servants from level 12 and above, essential duty officers to be at work on Monday.
Yemi-Esan, who gave the advice in a circular issued on Friday in Abuja, said government was engaging with the union officials over the planned industrial action.
The circular reads in part; “Sequel to the Labour Unions for workers to embark on industrial action from Monday Sept. 28.
“The HOCSF wishes to inform all public servants that the Federal Government team is currently engaging with the labour unions to resolving all contentious issues and avert the planned industrial actions,” she said.
According to her, there is a court injunction granted by the National Industrial Court (suit no. NICN/ABJ/253/2020) on Sept. 24.
The court oder, HOCSF explained had restrained the Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress of Nigeria from embarking on industrial action pending hearing and delamination of motion on notice.“
Accordingly, all officers on grade level 12 and above and those on essential services are hereby strongly advised to be at work to perform their official duties.“Permanent Secretaries and Chief Executive Officers are therefore, enjoined to bring the contents of this circular to the attention of all concerned and ensure strick compliance, ” HOCSF advised.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi