Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has renewed the appointments of the Chief Executive Officers of agencies under the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
This follows recommendations to the President by the Minister of State Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva.
Those affected are the Executive Secretary of Petroleum Technology Development Fund, PTDF, Dr. Bello Aliyu Gusau; Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer of Petroleum Equalisation Fund, PEF, Ahmed Bobboi and the Executive Secretary, Nigeria Content Development and Monitoring Board, NCDMB, Simbi Wabote.
In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity Femi Adedina, Dr. Gusau is credited to have run the PTDF successfully in the past 4 years, keeping faith with the 7-Strategic Priorities he had introduced in January 2017.
These are: Domestication, Cost cutting, Sustainable funding, Efficient internal processes, Linkages with the industry, Utilization of centers of excellence, and Pursuit of home-grown research.
Ahmed Bobboi gets his reappointment for having run PEF in a way that made it a key and strategic player in the administration’s oil and gas reforms, especially in stabilising the supply and distribution of petroleum products across the country, among others.
Wabote got reappointed for managing the NCDMB prudently, completing the headquarters building in Yenagoa and also initiating many landmark projects that are widely commended by industry players.
All the appointments take immediate effect.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria
- Protesters set APC secretariat ablaze, attack Chairman’s House
- Olusegun Obasanjo wants Buhari to restrain the military from killing #EndSARS protesters
- Prof Wole Soyinka says Buhari acted in an “authoritarian manner” by deploying soldiers on #EndSARS protesters
- Nigerian civil society situation Room “alarmed by the brutal, despicable killing of #EndSARS protesters”
- Just In: European Union wants justice for #EndSars protesters killed