Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria’s first lady, Aisha Buhari, has urged Nigerians to pray to God for the end of COVID-19, as Nigeria prepares to mark her 60th independence anniversary.
She made the call on Friday in Abuja at the 60th Independence Day Public Lecture and Special Juma’at Prayer held at the Abuja National Mosque, with the theme “Together Nigeria at 60: The Imperative of Building a Nation Together”.
“We need to pray for forgiveness and special prayers for forgiveness.
“The world is no longer the same as a result of the pandemic and the pandemic is a sign that Almighty God is not happy with us.
“I think we have no choice than to continue asking for forgiveness from Almighty Allah,” she said.
According to her, it is important for Nigerians to offer special prayers for peace, progress and sustainable development of the country in this milestone celebration.
She also urged leaders to always ensure justice to all.
“The president cannot do it alone, he needs the support and cooperation of all Nigerians, including his appointees, to go in line with his change mantra,” she added.
Also speaking, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Gida Mustapha, urged Nigerians to think and dwell more on issues and principles that unite the citizenry as a nation, rather than engaging in divisive tendencies.
He described the anniversary as a milestone worthy of celebration as the nation marches to greater achievements.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student