Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian government has promised to look into reports of ticket racketeering and corruption on the Abuja-Kaduna railway.
NewsWireNGR’s Investigative report released Friday had in detail, revealed the corrupt practices perpetrated by railway staff, soldiers and policemen working on the Abuja – Kaduna railway .
In case you missed the report, READ, INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed.
The statement issued by the Bureau of public service reforms on twitter early Saturday, said it’s Director General, Mr. D. I Arabi, is in discussion with management of Nigerian railway corporation on how to reform ticketing process and welfare standard of the nation train system.
The detailed investigation carried out by Nigerian Journalist, Mr Fisayo Soyombo, had detailed the ticketing corruption starting from Idu station, to the Rigassa station in Kaduna where train tickets are deliberately hoarded by officials to be sold at hiked prices thereby creating artificial scarcity and hardship for everyday Nigerians.
Commuting Abuja-Kaduna or vice versa by road is unsafe as a result of the activities by bandits and kidnappers terrorising travellers and increasingly, not just ordinary Nigerians, government officials and diplomats now depend on the Idu and Kubwa train stations in Abuja and the Rigasa station in Kaduna to be able to travel between Kaduna and the FCT.
More details of the governments position to follow..
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria
- Protesters set APC secretariat ablaze, attack Chairman’s House
- Olusegun Obasanjo wants Buhari to restrain the military from killing #EndSARS protesters
- Prof Wole Soyinka says Buhari acted in an “authoritarian manner” by deploying soldiers on #EndSARS protesters
- Nigerian civil society situation Room “alarmed by the brutal, despicable killing of #EndSARS protesters”
- Just In: European Union wants justice for #EndSars protesters killed