Estimated Reading Time: 1
A yet to be ascertained number of people are missing after a truck reportedly fell off the Berger bridge into the Epe river in Lagos State on Friday night.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency confirmed the incident on Saturday. According to the Head, Public Affairs of LASEMA, Nosa Okunbor, search and rescue operations are ongoing.
He said, “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a six-tyre truck loaded with sand fell into the river. The number of people in the truck can’t be ascertained at present.”
“Since the early hours of today, a combined team of agency responders, Marine Rescue Unit, Nigeria Police and local divers are carrying out search and rescue operations.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’