Estimated Reading Time: 1
A yet to be ascertained number of people are missing after a truck reportedly fell off the Berger bridge into the Epe river in Lagos State on Friday night.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency confirmed the incident on Saturday. According to the Head, Public Affairs of LASEMA, Nosa Okunbor, search and rescue operations are ongoing.
He said, “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a six-tyre truck loaded with sand fell into the river. The number of people in the truck can’t be ascertained at present.”
“Since the early hours of today, a combined team of agency responders, Marine Rescue Unit, Nigeria Police and local divers are carrying out search and rescue operations.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Breaking: Hoodlums set ablaze Nnamdi Azikiwe’s statue ablaze in Anambra
- Breaking: Houses owned by Senator Ndoma Egba, Gershom Bassey looted and burnt in calabar
- Afenifere and Ohaneze Ndigbo beg thugs to cease looting #EndSARS
- Osun State Government revokes suspended curfew, declares another 24 hour lockdown
- Angry mob invade and rob senator’s residence in Ibadan
- Fredrick Nwabufo: ‘Hoodlums’ – the new title for hired thugs and unknown soldiers
- US considers visa restriction on officials culpable in the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Plaza
- Oyigbo town has become IPOB’s main operational base in Rivers State – Governor Wike
- #EndSARS: Super Eagles’ John Ogu ask players to boycott games
- Wizkid announced as new face of Puma sportswear