Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu Campaign Organisation says media should perform due diligence in reporting events arising from Edo State, as unprofessionalism would render them as “tools for PDP.”
Reacting to claims that APC candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu appealed to Governor Godwin Obaseki to return to APC yesterday at a press conference in Abuja, the Director of Communication and Media of the Osagie Ize-Iyamu Campaign Organisation, Mr John Mayaki, said that nothing of such happened.
“We warned several times that the media should beware of fabrications from Obaseki and the PDP camp, but they did not listen.”
“That is why they have reported that the election was free and fair, and that is why they have said our candidate appealed to Obaseki to come back to APC.”
“Obaseki and the PDP has a way of leaking false news to the media and the media has to be sensitive and professional in receiving these news.” he said
Mayaki also said that there is a fake twitter account purporting to belong to Pastor Ize-Iyamu, which has been disseminating false information.
Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) declared Godwin Obaseki the winner of the Edo State gubernatorial election in a keenly contested poll that saw Obaseki returned as the Governor of the state for a second term.
Obaseki had 307,955 votes, which was enough to be declared a clear winner over Ize-Iyamu’s 223,619 votes.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike
- Herdsmen crisis: Akeredolu begs Buhari for support
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions